Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Hand creams and my thoughts

I've noticed that I have accumulated quite a few hand creams and thought I'd give you a brief review on them and tell which ones I like the most. Here you go:

1. Garnier Skin Naturals intensive care (dry skin)
This hand cream contains natural palm oil, coriander and glycerine.
Claim: "protects and nourishes dry and very dry hands. Daily use prevents aging of your skin, makes it smooth and soft. It is gently, non-sticky, non-oily".
My thoughts: It is indeed very gently non sticky moisturizer, absorbs quickly, the smell is ok, however I don't find it to be moisturizing enough if you have really dry hands, it just leaves them soft. Rank 3.5/5

2. Oliva by ccs eco hand cream
It contains organic olive oil, shea butter and glycerine.
Claim: "the softening and moisturizing cream for dry hands...It restores the natural softness of the skin of your hands and epidermis, absorbs into the skin easily. No parabens, no mineral oils and no silicone".
My thoughts: I really really like this cream. Like how it feels on my hands, the texture is very light and runny, absorbs into the hands very quickly,  super moisturizing, has a very pleasant fresh scent to it and leaves your hands with that nourished feel and healthy glow. Rank 5/5

3. SPAresource COCONUT hand cream with shea butter
It supposedly contains shea butter but on the back of the tube I saw a milion of other nasty ingredients.
Here you go: Aqua, Butyrospermum Parkii, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Theobroma Cacao, Seed Butter, Propylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Mangifera Indica, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Dimethicone, Parfum, Ceteareth-20, Grape seed oil, soybean oil, honey extract, lemon, orange fruit extracts, Rosemary leaft extract, polyacrylamide, C13-14 Isoparaffin and Laureth-7 and what not.
What on Earth is Xanthan Gum, C10-13 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer or Hexyl Cinnamal? Gosh, this cream is going straight to the trash bin, I wish I've read that earlier. Don't buy it, girls!
My thoughts: Rubbish hand cream that is greasy and hardly absorbs into your hands. Smells good because of all the perfumes, but doesn't moisturize enough. Rank 1/5

4. Nivea Soft & Intensive  hand cream
It contains Macadamia nut oil and vitamins
Claim: "Nivea smoothing and nourishing hand cream protects, softens and smoothens the dry skin of your hands for the entire day with only one application of the cream. This rich hand cream with Macadamia oil and vitamins softens the skin and strengthens its protective barrier at the same time. The improved formula with "Hydra IQ" intensively moisturizes and your hands even after washing them"
Sounds promising, right?
My thoughts: I found out that it contains alcohol, parabens, perfume and other bad stuff, but I really like tis cream. The scent is very nice, kinda sweet, orangy and nutsy. It leaves your hands incredibly soft and well moisturized, absorbs quickly and leaves this thin layer of oil, which keeps your hands moisturized even after washing, as promised. Rank 4.5/5

5. L'occitane Vanilla Flower hand cream
The cream contains shea butter
Claim: "it nourishes your skin and provides it with gentle and subtle scent of shea butter and vanilla".
My thoughts: A wonderful hand cream that is very rich, ideal for very dry hands and colder seasons. You need to work it into your skin a little more, because it's not very fast absorbing due to its rich texture. Leaves your hands super soft and nourished for the rest of the day. The have loads of scents, such as rose, cherry blossom, original, lavender. I got the mini version of vanilla scented cream. I love vanilla, however I hate it in this cream, it is too woodsy and off-puting, nothing as I want my vanilla to smell like. Next time I'll go for rose, it was way more pleasant. Nevertheless, the cream is really good and being pricy it is worth the money. Rank 5/5

 Here are the swatches of the two of my favorite hand creams. Top one: L'occitane, bottom one: Oliva by ccs. You ca see how thick and rich L'occitane one is in comparison to the other cream. They are both brilliant, I'd use the Oliva one for everyday, when my hands are not super dry.


Hope you are having a great week, everyone! If you've tried and loved any particular hand creams, please do share them with me!

Eve
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment