Friday, December 16, 2011

Products I'm currently loving! (Airport ramble)

I now am sitting at the airport having a hot apple and cinnamon (which I already feel sick about) drink with ginger cookies, feeling very Christmassy, I must say. I'm en route to Paris, possibly my 10th time going there, I lost the number already to be honest. So, as I have some spare time in hands, I thought I shall post something on my completely abandoned blog.

Here are a few drugstore products I'm loving at the moment. I've talked about them on my channel if you watch my videos, if not, here you go!
Now, I've never really tried lip stains, the fact that they dry your lips out put me away from them. However, I saw this one by Essence cheap as chips and I thought I'll try it. This is supposedly a limited edition collection and it has lips stains in two colors. I got the #2 in this deep pinked red shade. I have to say that I really like it. Nice applicator, smells good, application is smooth, you just have to be quick to spread it on your lips nicely until it dries. It does dry your lips so make sure to apply vaseline or some sort of a lip balm on top and it will last forever. I think it's a great product to be used under any darker lipstick. When you eat or just in general when your lipstick wears of and you can't be bothered to apply it, you won't need to worry, your lips will still have that deep shade even without a lipstick on:)
Many brands do lip stains in fact, Bourjois, Max Factor, Maybelline, Revlon, make sure to check them!
 Sorry for the rubbish demonstration, I assume the stain was not dry yet when I took this pic (oops!)
 Another product I'd highly recommend, again in terms or price and quality, is this brown eyeliner by Prestige. It's not buttery, rather hard pencil but applies very smoothly, which to me was a paradox. It has an amazing staying power and is a great pencil overall!
 Now onto the star of the bunch, I fell in love with this Loreal True Match powder the minute I applied it. It is sooo good! I much more prefer it to Mac's Mineralized powder. It has some coverage, it mattifies  my skin beautifully and most importantly controls the shine so well! I'm very impressed with it (No wonder all my family ladies use it). Oh, Dita Von Teese also uses this powder, in case you didn't know;) (insert irony here).

 Last but not the least is my Catrice matte eyeshadow in Starlight Expresso. A beautiful taupe color, absolutely love it! Works well on my hooded eyes, the only problem is staying power, it's not great. But you cannot expect the product to be fully wonderful when it costs same as a good cup of coffee. I'm on a hunt of good taupe, light brown, beige taupe eyeshadows at the moment. Since I'm going to Paris, I'll make sure to check Nars and Bobbi Brown counters for those.
That's it for now, have a beautiful weekend, ladies!
Au revoir!

Eve
xx

1 comment:

  1. Mine Starlight espresso just has broken. :S I need to replace it, because it messes my whole eyeshadow palette... (Anyway did you know that this colour is an exact dupe for MAC's Copperplate e/s?) Maybe you should try it with a good base, my favourite is from Isadora, it's available in Douglas.

    Have a nice weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete