Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Ieva goes to buy a dessert...

  And here's what she comes home with...It's always like this, isn't it? Wether I go to buy only bread or milk, I always end up with a bunch of unnecessary things. This was my trip to go and buy something to eat with my evening tea. I feel like the grocery store staff is very smart, they always put out the most tempting things right on your way. I go my usual grocery store path and just pick up everything that's distracting my bread-focused attention.

Pretty packaging? Check. Reasonably healthy/unhealthy? Check. Pretty colors? Check. This is very typical of me.

I almost indulged myself with some Phyto hair care products (been wanting to try them) but then had to remind to myself that I'm only here for some tasty snack!


-Heart shaped bagel. to tasty for words!
-Milford Strawberry and Vanilla tea
-Glade Honey and Chocolate candle. This is amazing! I got so excited when I saw it, it's a candle made for me! And it is slightly reminiscent of Tom Ford Black Orchid perfume. My mum confirmed that, she said it's typically your type of candle plus you have a perfume like this! Well, they both contain chocolate note so what do you expect. Anything Black Orchid-like is a win win for me!
-Kalev Marzipan and Almond chocolate bar
-Lilac mug with polka dots. No explanation needed.
-Alpen Raspberry and Yoghurt cereal bar
-Dirol Strawberry gum
In case you were dumb and didn't know what it was. It's a mug. It's lilac and it has dots on!! Thank God there was a sticker explaining what it is, I would not know what to do with this ceramic thing!
On another note, I wore red lip today. The nude lip worshipers may think I'm crazy, maybe I am but I love that! At first I wasn't feeling very brave goofing around with my red lips but then I thought, what the hell, why would I be uncomfortable about that! Life is too short to care what other people think of you. I may not want to wear red lips when I'm 70, let's enjoy it now! 
I've been particularly loving this look as you see in the pics below: Minimal skin and eyes and a deep lip. I feel like I can pull this look off very well being super pale and having blond hair. Nude lips would make me look like a walking dead.
I think this may turn into my everyday look for the upcoming weeks, months or until I get bored of it. 
I've also noticed that the amount of attention I get increased x3. Not only from girls, I must say male audience definitely favors a red lip! 

This lipstick is the bomb! I've found my perfect red! All the props go to Diana http://blog.adventuresofbarbarella.com. This is exactly what I've been looking for! It's a pink red, such a delicious raspberry colour, I cannot get enough of it! It's cool toned and that's what I need my red to be. 
I must say, however, that I have't tried Red Lizard by Nars. Just yet. I'm pretty sure it will be the ultimate red of reds for me but until then this is my perfect pre-Red Lizard red! 
I love the texture, the finish and application. The lasting power is pretty amazing too! The pictures were taken after 4+ hours of wear and a consumption of an ice cream! What do you say?
On my face: Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua B10, Loreal True Match powder in Golden Beige, Nars Deep Throat blush, Wet n'Wild eyeshadow in Brule all over the lid, Rimmel Lash Excelerator mascara.
Lips:
Mac lip liner in Red Enriched (love!)
Rouge Dior 880 Rose Diablotine

What are your fave reds, ladies?

Ieva
xx


1 comment:

  1. Red lipstick looks really good on you, if I were you I would put on more mascara, but this is just my preference.
    I'd love to wear some red-raspberry lipstick but I don't feel comfortable with it. Maybe I should start with some raspberry colored lipgloss. :)
    Your skin looks flawless!

    ReplyDelete